This is the start of Cyber Charlois. A fork of AberMUSH which I found to be the most easiest, yet complete MUD to try and modify and play to experience the still vibrant culture of MUDS.
- The easiest way to edit the mud is to add to the json files in the def folder.
- Items and NPCs spawn based on events in the events folder files.
- look at the examples in EmptyMud
- Make a character and play/test
- If you want to have admin powers add your character name to the witches file
Just run it with python cybercharlois.py then open another terminal and test your MUD with: telnet localhost 35123
Word of caution.
There are still a lot of install files based on AberMUSH in this folder, run them at your own risk.
AberMUSH is a text based role playing game with UTF-8 ANSI graphics, set in the AberMUD 5 universe. Explore, battle and adventure in a fantasy version of medieval Wales. Experience DnD style combat, gambling disputes, excessive ale consumption and puzzling mysteries in the once magnificent but now fallen city of Tranoch, with dynamic scenery, tides, wildlife and weather effects. This game includes 8 bit console graphics, but if you are a MUD purist or don't need graphics then you can turn them off.
Based on dumserver by Bartek Radwanski and Mark Frimston https://github.com/wowpin/dumserver