||2 years ago|
|.gitignore||2 years ago|
|README.md||2 years ago|
|config_hashtag_bot.py||2 years ago|
|post_template.md||2 years ago|
|publish_hashtags.py||2 years ago|
lumbung.space hashtag publishing bot
This script makes Hugo page bundles out of Hashtag feeds on a Mastodon Hometown or Glitchsoc instance.
pip3 install Mastodon.py jinja2
This script requires access to an account on said Mastodon instance. This instance and the credentials can be set in
If it is the first time you are running the script, you need to register the application on the Mastodon instance. Have a look at the Mastodon.py documentation for how to do that.
This bot only uses read permissions.
Set which hashtags you want to publish by adding them to the list
config_hashtag_bot.py. Omit the '#'.
What it does
- The Bot only looks at the local timeline for posts under each hashtag configured in
- This means posts need to be public or directly addressed to the bot
- This script respects the mental model of 'local only' posts in the sense that people do not expect them to appear elsewhere. So local only posts are ignored
- It takes only posts with Media attached and then only those with images
What it doesn't do
- Different types of media or embeds
- No thread recreation, each post is treated as a top level post