||6 months ago|
|fonts||2 years ago|
|screenshots||2 years ago|
|stylesheets||10 months ago|
|README.md||6 months ago|
|avatar.png||2 years ago|
|logbot.py||8 months ago|
|template.html||6 months ago|
|template.rss||10 months ago|
LogBot is a bot for asynchronous collective logging and log writing over longer periods of time. The bot operates in a chat environment, from where it saves images, messages and other media files into a document (a web page): the log. Messages and pictures are shared with the other peers in the chat, and with a wider public, creating a form of continuous networked publishing.
The bot is made by members of Varia and is used hand in hand with event preparations
, collective research
 or as a tool for publishing materials on the go
. The bot runs on a self-hosted XMPP chat infrastructure, hosted and maintained by members of Varia.
Each of the logs is also available as RSS feed, enabling feed-forwarding or other forms of re-publishing.
: https://vvvvvvaria.org/logs/x-y/ X-Y log, in preparation of Plaintext Partyline
: https://vvvvvvaria.org/logs/atnofs-varia/ Collective research log, in the context of the ATNOFS project
: https://vvvvvvaria.org/logs/pub.club/ Pub.club research log, around community publishing initiatives
: https://vvvvvvaria.org/logs/zamopuzo/ Backlog, the making of the streaming infrastructure of Varia
How is LogBot made?
- Logbot is part of the AMRO Times publishing workflow, June 2022, Alice Strete & Manetta Berends, https://art-meets.radical-openness.org/program/amro-times/ + https://vvvvvvaria.org/amro-times/
- Logbot is part of the SomeTimes publishing workflow, April 2022, Varia, https://varia.zone/en/sometimes-af-en-toe.html
- Bots as Infrapunctures @ Obfuscation Workshop, May 2021, Cristina Cochior & Manetta Berends, https://3rd.obfuscationworkshop.org/ & https://bots-as-digital-infrapunctures.dataschool.nl/
- Logbot v1, Varia XMPP extension 2017-2020, https://git.vvvvvvaria.org/varia/bots/src/branch/master/logbot
- Streambot, Varia website extension 2017-2018, https://git.vvvvvvaria.org/varia/xmpp.streambot
- Archive bot, Relearn 2017, https://gitlab.com/relearn/relearn2017/-/tree/master/xmpp-bots/archive-bot
How to use LogBot?
*Oh dear, logbot is here!* (You can speak to the bot using `@logbot`, `logbot:` or `logbot`) <image>: Your image is added to the log. logbot @help: Print this message logbot @add <message>: Add a message to the log. logbot @delete <num>: Delete posts from the log. For example: @logbot @delete 5 logbot @title <string>: Set the title of your log. logbot @folder <string>: Change the foldername of your log (by default, the roomname of the groupchat is used). Small warning: this changes the URL to your log page. logbot @style <stylesheet>: Switch to another stylesheet. For example: logbot @style log. Available stylesheets include: timeline (default), float, opentab. logbot @font <font>: Switch to another font. For example: logbot @font font. Available fonts include: polsku, notcouriersans; or select None to switch back to default serif. logbot @uptime: To check how long @logbot has been around @bots: To see who is around :)
These can be found in the folder